The WMS which allows for management of all the Factory’s inter-operational stores.
From raw materials to part-completed items, a flexible instrument for a slick organization.
The market requires personalized production, of few units and completed with very tight timings (one piece flow). Increasing the complexity must be responded to with organizational models which simplify the management of the process, guaranteeing a high level of flexibility without overlooking quality and efficiency. It is not wrong to speak of high industrial craft where service and product become a single asset for the client. In order to create a model which answers to these characteristics, it is necessary to think of the factory as a logistics layout in which a tight flow must be maintained for the movement of components. A Kanban logic applied to raw material stock, components and part-completed items allows for a simple and efficient management. The hand-written classic cards used to signal the emptying of a container is substituted by the concept of minimum stock levels in warehouses managed by a Factory WMS. The level of stock is calculable on the basis of consumption (uplifts traced by the system) and by the re-stocking times, and may be varied according to seasonal or order progression reasons.
Final assembly is on the other hand managed on demand based on the orders. A scheduling module (Gantt diagram) allows you to plan the activities of the department (work centre) and signal to the Factory WMS, the requirement for supplying components present in the basic list, according to synchronized and expected timings. Monitoring production progress through machine mounted terminals or declarations of the quantities achieved, permits the synchronized maintaining of the flow. At the same time, the following is obtained: Productivity; halts and types of halts; quantities produced; quality controls; discards. The system can integrate automatic warehouses, automated transport (AGV/LGV), internal conveyors. It also manages traceability and track-ability of products and components, both through barcodes or RFID coding. It is a simple system which guarantees a tight flow and significantly reduces lead times.
It can be installed gradually to allow for the implementation of a step by step model, training personnel and calibrating the system to the actual requirements. A flow management which sees internal logistics as an instrument for implementation.
Industrial or distribution warehouses require effective techniques to respond to market demands efficiently
Orders which are ever more frequent and reduced in volume, coupled with a choice of a number of references which have more than doubled in recent years. Additionally, E-commerce has changed market expectations to an extent that receipt of even a single item is expected in a few hours and without mistakes. It is unthinkable to obtain these results without having installed a WMS to organize all activities systemically. Easystor is based on a very robust and reliable architecture and allows for various configuration possibilities but, using plug-in logics, even personalized modules can be inserted without losing compatibility with future releases.
Easystor allows for:
- Managing input acceptance, both from internal production as well as external suppliers. Controls compatibility with the orders, implements quality, lots and expiry policies.
- Organizing product stock levels according to logics set for every reference, sending the load units to the required zones/compartments. Checks on the existence of cross-docking and/or quarantine operations
- on the basis of consumption generated by the orders, it prepares refilling missions at the picking areas
- it manages the picking, also specifying them by dedicated area (for whole packages, for high turnover items, low turnover items). It undertakes calculations of volume, and the choice of packaging, as well as optimising picking paths. It integrates various auxiliary instruments (pick to light, RF terminal, voice picking)
- It manages the packaging of products uplifted, operating with the classic area packaging operations (weight and/or volume, labelling, tape sealing and sealing machines, sorting)
- controls the consolidation and ticking-off of the load
A very flexible and modular system also capable of controlling advanced automation systems which implement transport lines, automation with miniload, automated storage and retrieval systems, multi-level shuttles, shuttles, and furthermore operates with AGV/LGV transporters and with robotic/anthropomorphic islands or Cartesian pick and place portals. It integrates with all ERP management systems.
Furthermore, it is quite naturally connected with the transport management system to optimize consignments to clients in the best manner. It can manage RFID portals to guarantee correct loading of the vehicle. A series of dashboards within the package allows the manager to evaluate the progress of operations and to plan the activities. It may be connected to a Business Intelligence module (Performer) to allow the most thorough analysis of data gathered.
The Easystor Factory configuration permits the mapping and organization of all the intermediate stores (inter-operational warehouses) of the production process. It is enough just to define the collection areas within the establishment layout, and to organize them with equipment considered to be the most suitable (racking, platforms, etc.). Each compartment is coded and marked out, and the system will manage movement, stock deposits or uplift operations, using R.F. or voice terminals.
- input controls in real time, in coherence with the orders
- management of quality control policies (by sampling, every nth product, arising from the supplier, etc.), those of quarantine (set aside and blocked until the end of the quarantine)
- traceability management, lots and expiries with implementation of FIFO, FEFO policies, etc.
- management of minimum stock levels depending on refurbishment times (internal production or from suppliers) with Kanban logic
- implementation of cross-docking logic
- compatibility of the goods with regard to specialization of areas or compartments
- specialization of work departments/centres
- definition of supply/reception routes
- Kanban re-supply logic
- picking for supplying departments/work centres
The package coupled with the WCS (Warehouse Control System) module can integrate automation for storage of products from vertical warehouses to mini-loads, or automated storage and retrieval systems
Discover more on incasgroup.com